We hope the following sections answer any queries- if not please do get in touch with us.
It is likely that we will be required to make changes to our policy from time to time- we will notify you of any significant changes via email, but you are welcome to check back whenever you wish..
The law of data protection is based on ‘The Data Protection act 2018’
Put in place by the government and enforced by law; the data protection act controls how your personal information is used by our business.
As a business we rely on the following;
Consent- With your consent, we can collect and process information that you share with us. For example when you pop your email address into the ‘subscribe’ for our newsletters. When we collect data from you, we will make it clear what information is necessary and for what particular service or goods. By entering, connecting to, accessing, registering to or using the service or the site- you agree to the privacy terms along with our terms of service; if you wish to opt out at any stage please see ‘section 8’ please note opting out from some sections may impede/ prevent your access to certain features and services.
Contractual Obligations- In some circumstances we require information to fulfil contractual obligations. For example, when you place an order with us for home delivery, you will provide your address which will then be passed to our courier in order for them to deliver the goods.
Legal compliance- if the law requires, we will process and pass on any data relating to crime and/or fraud against our business to law enforcement.
Legitimate interest- With your consent we may use and process your data as part of running our business; to improve, and personalise customer experience.
World Products Ltd. T/A IndianMart, collects data when-
-Place an order for a product or service
-You subscribe to our mailing list/newsletter
-You create an account
-You share and create a recipe published on our site
-You make contact with us via live chat, email and also social media channels.
-You enter a prize draw or competition
-You choose to complete a survey we send to you.
We may collect two types of data and information from you-
(i) The first type of information we collect is un-identified and non-identifiable information, without particular reference to your identity or where such information was collected (“Non-Personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from the Non-Personal Information which was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected automatically by us consists of technical information and aggregated usage information, which includes your operating system, device type, browser type and version, browser information, page information, screen resolution, browser and keyboard language, location, your ‘click-stream’ and scrolls on the Service, your activities on the Service, such as pages visited, browsing and purchase habits and the period of time you visited the Service and related time stamps.
(ii) The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual, either alone or in combination with other information, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information which is being gathered in connection with the Service may consist of the following:
- Registration Information: If you voluntarily elect to register to, and open an Account with us, you will be required to provide a first name, last name, email address, phone number, delivery and billing address, and/or username and password.
- Contact Information: If you wish to contact us via the Site, you will be required to provide us with your name, phone number and e-mail address and any notes, such as reasons for contacting us.
- Purchase Information: If you voluntarily places an order via the Store for products, including as a guest, you will be required to provide us with your first name, last name, email address, phone number, billing address and delivery address.
- Billing Information: If you voluntarily purchase products via the Store, we use third party payment processing services to process payment. We do not collect or store financial or billing information but our trusted third party payment processor may collect and store such information, which may include a credit card/debit card number and/or other billing information (see Section 8 below regarding the payment method).
- Web and App behaviour and Usage Information: As you enter and use the Services, you may automatically provide us with your IP address and unique device identifiers, which are used mainly for enhancing your experience and for geo-location, personalisation and security purposes, as further detailed below. If you are only visiting the site you do not need to provide any Personal Information other than your IP address, which will be automatically obtained.
For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linking exists.
Please note: You are not obligated to provide us with any Personal Information by law. You hereby agree and acknowledge that you are providing us with Personal Information at your own free will.
We collect Non-personal and Personal Information in order to provide and operate the Services, including for statistical and research purposes; to ensure we deliver products to the correct delivery address; to enable quicker purchase and checkout processes for future orders via the Store, to enable us to further develop, customise and improve the Services based on Users’ common preferences, habits and uses; to enable trace-ability of the User to ensure that none of the User Generated Content (as defined in the TOS) uploaded to the Site is prohibited; to enable us to provide our Users with a better user experience; to contact our Users about new content available on our Service; and to provide our Users with technical assistance and support.
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
We collect Non-Personal Information through your use of the Service. In other words, we may be aware of your use of the Service, including when you browse the Site, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party services as detailed below.
We collect Personal Information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information in the course of your use of the Service, including when you register and open an Account on the Service, when you provide us additional information during your use of the Service or Site, such as when you purchase products via the Site, or when you contact us directly via the Site.
We store the Non-personal and Personal Information either independently or with the help of our authorised third-party service providers as detailed below.
We want to provide you with an experience second to none- we recognise that in this day and age online communication and shopping is so important and how we use your data is to develop just this– By gaining as much information as possible about you and our other customers we can create personalised and bespoke services to meet individual wants and needs.
The data privacy laws allow this for our legitimate research into understanding our customers.
IndianMart will not share any Personal Information it collects with any third party, except in the following cases:
- to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- to respond to User’s support requests;
- to respond to claims that any content available on the Service violates the rights of third parties;
- to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment;
- to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of IndianMart, any of its Users, or the general public;
- when IndianMart is undergoing any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of all or substantially all of its assets;
- to collect, hold and/or manage your Personal Information through IndianMart’s authorized third party service providers (for example, Google Analytics and/or Bing Analytics), as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction; or
- pursuant to your explicit approval prior to the disclosure.
For avoidance of doubt, IndianMart may transfer and disclose to third parties or otherwise use Non-Personal Information at its own discretion.
Some of our Services allow you to share information and User Generated Content with other Users of the Service on a public basis. If you post information on a public feature of our Services and may also become public on the Internet. We cannot prevent or control further use of this information so please make sure you only post information that you are happy to be seen publicly. We may also further use such public information you share, for various reasons, such as improving our Service and providing you with relevant content. If you wish to remove a certain piece of content you have shared on the Service, you can do that by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
If for any reason you wish to view, modify, update and/or revise your Personal Information stored with us and identifying to you, you may do so at any time on the Service by visiting ‘My Account’ and editing your information on your Account. If for any reason you with to delete your Account from the Service, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, in which case we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for a period as reasonably needed to provide you with the Services and/or as legally required.
Purchases made via the Service is processed using certain online payment methods including PayPal and/or WorldPay (“Online Payment Services”), which enable you to send and receive payments securely online using a credit card, debit card or bank account. IndianMart is not affiliated with the providers of the Online Payment Services and has no control over, and assumes no responsibly for, the content, privacy policies or practices of the Online Payment Services. You may use the Online Payment Services at your own discretion and in compliance with the terms and policies of the respective Service. The Online Payment Services are each an independent contractor and you will be subject to their relevant privacy policies:
To use the Service, you must be over the age of thirteen (13). IndianMart does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13), unless such Personal Information was provided by the User’s family member who is over the age of thirteen (13) and has all of the required consents, approvals, and rights to upload Personal Information on the minor’s behalf. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Service. In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of thirteen (13) is using the Service, we reserve the right to prohibit and block such User from accessing the Service and will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Information stored with us with regard to such User.
We may use your contact details for the purpose of informing you regarding new products, services, promotions, discounts and providing you with new content (which may interest you) transmitted to the e-mail address or phone number you have provided. If you do not want to receive these communications, you may opt out and withdraw your consent by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in our emails, choosing the ‘stop’ option in our texts or by emailing us at any time at email@example.com.
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Service and the Site, and our Users’ Personal Information. The Personal Information, or parts thereof, is hosted on AWS servers in the United Kingdom, which provides advanced security features.
IndianMart employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of its Users’ Personal Information, and prevent unauthorised use of any such information, including by employing encryption and Secure Socket Layer (SSL), firewalls and anti-virus software. Only authorised personnel with passwords may obtain access to Personal Information. We are continuously updating our technology to provide you with maximum level of security. However, we do not and cannot guarantee that unauthorised access will never occur.
While providing the Services we may be using, or you may encounter, third party software, websites and/or services in order to collect and/or process the information detailed herein. Such services include, without limitation,